Interoperability and virtualisation of processes in enterprises networks
Responsible: Giorgio Graditi
Scientific coordinator: Piero De Sabbata
The laboratory addresses the following research issues:
- Technologies of interoperability and enterprises networks; semantic technologies and for the traceability of the supply chain; technologies and enabling standards for smart cities and communities (X-LAB)
- Methodologies for cad/cam design and new production technologies (PROTO-LAB)
- Characterisation of energetic components and IT applications for energy. New technologies for reducing energy consumption, optimizing production processes, analyzing and using new fuels, and biofuels, and systems for sustainable mobility.(LITE3R)
- Applications in the HPC-Big Data field of interest to industry and Public Administration. (HPC-Lab)
The laboratory participates the activities of the ICT and Design Regional Technological Platform of Emilia-Romagna region.
1. Interoperability technologies and enterprises networks (X-LAB)
- Standards adoption methods and tools for machine-to-machine data exchange;
- New business models enabled by IT (Smart energy grids, energy optimisation, smart manufacturinmg)
- Tools and methods for data exchange standards adoption and interoperability assessment
- Test Bed methods and tools for evaluation of interoperability and applications conformance to standard specifications;
- "Test hall" open to the enterprises who want to check the interoperability of their own applications.
Expected impact toward enterprises:
- Standards adoption/participation to standardization activity
- Test and measure of the systems interoperability
- Creation of a regional environment favourable to standard based eBusiness
- Independent support (not another SW solution)
2. Cad/cam design methodologies and new production techniques (PROTO-LAB)
- Development of CAD 3D modelling methodologies for the integration with automatic production, rapid modelling and "rapid manufacturing" systems
- Development of CAD 3D design methodologies for high design content models through the integrated use of the modelling NURBS and SDS (SubDivisionSurface) for made in Italy products
- Definition of potential implementations for generative modelling. Generative modelling integration with 3D design systems for "visual programming" applications and complex mathematic functions translation in three-dimensional models hardly realizable with normal CAD tools.
- "Best practices" in collaboration with PMI and artisan laboratories finalized to research activities based on the application of cad/cam technologies and their integration with the traditional systems of production
Expected impact toward enterprises:
- CAD/CAM technologies introduction with specific reference to 3D modelling, inverse engineering and rapid modelling inside micro-enterprises and artisan laboratories
- Increase of enterprises competitiveness through the optimization of the design process, the time to market reduction and the increase of the collections design level
A short presentation (slide) about the Proto-LAB technologies application in an innovation process: download: download slides (DI134-004, Italian)
The history in short
Units today in CROSS-TEC have previously participated in the realization of the Center for the innovation CROSS (www.cross-lab.it) and following of the Regional Laboratory LISEA (www.lisealab.it).
Large part of the CROSS-TEC background consists therefore of two technological transfer laboratories (X-LAB and PROTOCENTER) operating in ENEA from more than 10 years.
Technology report e volantini di sintesi
|TECHNOLOGY REPORT EFFICIENZA ENERGETICA
||TECHNOLOGY REPORT INTEROPERABILITA'
||TECHNOLOGY REPORT PROTOTIPAZIONE
|TECHNOLOGY REPORT QUALITY FUNCTION DEPL.
||VOLANTINO (1 foglio)
||TECHNOLOGY REPORT TESTBED TeBES